21 August 2008

The cyberpunk future I ordered looks nothing like the catalog photo.

Finally! Finally someone makes a reverse trike! Something that doesn't resemble a cross between a La-Z-Boy and a Bigwheel, something that a young buck such as myself can ride without feeling geriatric!

It's the Can-Am Spyder roadster, and almost all the photos you see of it look like this:




My god, is that sexy. Just look at the thing! It screams anime! Adventure! Excitement! All that shit that a Jedi most definitely does not crave!

When you look at if from the front, though, it just looks like someone shoved a Model T up a snowmobile's ass.




How bloody disappointing. That big boat nose out front... just bleah.

I guess I won't be reenacting Venus Wars any time soon.

I remain (still on four wheels) –

Dr. Madu

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I submit this for your evaluation, sir. It's perhaps not quite as distinct a design as you were hoping for -- appearing more or less like conventional motorcycles -- but perhaps it'll sate the three-wheel thirst until something more palatable comes around.

-B

Dr. Madu said...

@odie:

I appreciate that the above vehicle does not attempt to be something other than what it is -- a motorbike with an extra-wide front tire, essentially.

Call my rant bitterness if you must, but when I first hit the Can-Am website I was very hyped up to see a reverse trike (For which I lay the blame squarely at the feet of Steve Jackson. Car Wars, I'm looking at you!) and the subsequent less-than-perfectness of the Spyder hurt my mad, mad heart all the more.

Dr. M